Google today has announced the updated Google One app for iOS and Android smartphones. This new update is applicable to consumer accounts and will not be available for G Suite business customers.
The new updated app now offers one place to manage your files across all your google services such as Photos, Drive, Gmail. Though Google provides 15GB of free storage, you can upgrade to a Google One membership right from the app if you need additional storage in future. The app can automatically backup your contacts as well.
You can use the Google One app to:
- Manage your storage plan, which covers Google Drive, Gmail and original quality photos and videos in Google Photos.
- Automatically backup your phone. All your photos, contacts, messages, and more, will be safely backed up in the cloud. If you break, lose or upgrade your phone, you can restore everything to your new Android device.
- Contact our team of experts with just one tap. If you need help with Google products and services, our team is here for you.
- Access member benefits like Google Store rewards (up to 10% back), Google Play credit and special hotel pricing.
- Share your plan with up to 5 family members, giving everyone more storage plus access to extra benefits.
The new features will be rolling out for Android on the Play Store in the coming days, and the iOS app will be available soon.