After 35 long years, TOSHIBA is officially out of the Laptop business

 

Toshiba in an official announcement has announced that they have transferred their remaining minority stake in the PC business to Sharp. The company who started selling its first PC Laptop in 1985 is now officially out of business.


In 2018, Toshiba sold its 80.1% stake of its PC business to Sharp Corporation for $36 million.  Sharp is also a Japanese multinational electronics company. Sharp has renamed the business to Dynabook. Now Toshiba released a statement on August 4th that the deal to transfer the remaining 19.9% stake to Sharp is now completed.

 “As a result of this transfer, Dynabook has become a wholly owned subsidiary of Sharp.” – Toshiba.

During the 1990s and early 2000s Toshiba was among the top PC manufacturers in the market. They were known for its rugged and robust built and were a choice for many enterprise users.

By LTR Admin

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *