Google ‘People Cards’ has now been introduced in India. Using this new feature, people across India now can build their own personalized online presence. This will help millions of influencers, entrepreneurs, prospective employees, self-employed individuals, freelancers, or anyone else out there who wants to be discovered on Google’s powerful search engine.
“It’s like a virtual visiting card, where you can highlight your existing website or social profiles you want people to visit, plus other information about yourself that you want others to know.” – Google India
- Personalised People Cards can only be created through your smartphone. Currently it is not available on desktop browsers.
- Only one people card is allowed per Google Account.
- Phone number is required to authenticate the account.
Steps to create a People Card with your Google account:
- Make sure you are signed into your correct Google Account on your smartphone.
- Open Google Search engine and type ‘Add me to search’.
- Tap the prompt that appears on top.
You can choose to include the image from your Google Account, add a description of yourself, links your websites and other social profiles. You can also make your phone number and email visible to everyone.
“If you’re trying to find someone on Search, these new cards make it quick and easy to find the right person. When you search for someone’s name and there’s a card available, you’ll see a module with the name, profession and location, which you can tap to see their card. For people who share the same name, you’ll see multiple modules, and the information can help you distinguish between the different individuals to find who you’re looking for.”
The service will be starting from today.